(Pendant Only; $775 w/ Chain)
The spectacular violet color of this oval brilliant-cut glows in this lovely 14K yellow gold Art Nouveau setting featuring iris blossoms and foliage. In Victorian flower language, the iris often represented the sentiment "I have a message for you," but in this instance I think the use of irises probably relates more to the purple tones of the gemstone. The reverse retains the original pinstem and folding bail, so it can be worn as a brooch or pendant. The setting is marked "K14."
NOTE: The pendant is shown with an optional 16" 14K gold chain, available for an additional $125.
- Origin: America, ca. 1890.
- Condition: excellent; all original.
- Dimensions: 13/16" x 15/16".
- Weight: 6.7 grams (pendant only).
- Approximate Total Gemstone Weight: 10.45 carats.